Pre Listing Appraisals in Arizona
- Be a very valuable negotiating tool once you have a potential buyer
- Impress buyer’s with written proof of your home’s condition inside and out
- Make yourself aware of problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Decrease the chances of unknown problems that cause sales to fall through
- Eliminate the wait for the buyer or their mortgage company to get the appraisal done on their own
Improvements to add value
In addition to “how much?”, there may be other important questions to ask yourself before listing your home. Questions like ”Would it be better to paint the entire house before we sell it?”, ”Should I put in that third bathroom?”, ”Should I complete my kitchen remodel?” Many things which we do to our houses have an effect on their value. Unfortunately, not all of them have an equal effect. While a kitchen remodel may improve the appeal of a home, it may not add nearly enough to the value to justify the expense.
We can step in and help make these decisions. Unlike a real estate agent, an appraiser has no vested interest in what amount the house sells for. Our appraisal fees are based on efforts to complete the report and not a percentage of the sales price. So a professional appraisal can often help homeowners make the best decisions on investing in their homes and setting a fair sales price.